Monday, June 22, 2015

June 15, 2015

June 15, 2015


Greetings from São Paulo, Brasil!  Things are still going great and we´re getting a lot of good work done here!

Our recent concerts, Adriana and Ana, were both called as ward missionaries, which is awesome!  They´re both pretty excited, but Ana´s a little more excited.  She´s more sociable than Adriana, but they´re both great.

We had the Festa Junina here in our ward, which is kind of like a hokey Fourth of July.  It was pretty fun and I got to wear a farmers hat and participate in a sack hop race.  I may or may not have fallen down and my arm popped briefly out of my socket.

A man recently returned to church and his nine year-old son isn´t baptized yet, so we´ll be helping him with that.

The adventures of Jon Carlos, Ana´s son, in sacrament meeting:

So, I brought one of those Book of Mormon picture books to sacrament meeting, hoping it would keep him quiet.  Yeah, that didn´t work.  He put it on the ground and put his hands on top of it and started scooting himself around like a racecar.  Later he came to sit with Elder Almeida and I and take the sacrament, but he didn´t put his little plastic cup back in time.  Being the good boy that he is, he ran across the chapel to another deacon passing the sacrament and stuck the cup in his tray.  Then he returned and whispered if he could have some candy.  I told him he could, but he´d have to ask his mom.  I thought he´d run to his mom to quietly ask her, but I should´ve known better.  Instead he screamed at her from across the chapel, "MOM!  Can I have some candy?" Well, she said yes so I gave him a little chocolate.  He then told me that he was going to make a snake out of the candy, which he promptly did.  I told him he should eat the candy.  He told me he already ate.  I asked why he wanted the candy then.  He said he didn´t know.

That´s about it!  Thanks for the prayers!

Your friend,
Elder Carter David Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment