Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Chicken Hearts and Testimony

Greetings from Osasco, SP!  Things are going well down here in the beautiful land of jungles and smog and we had a lot of fun this week in the Novo Osasco B area.  Here´s the down low:

After district meeting while we were waiting to do follow-up with our district leader, we started a foosball competition with the zone using the table that the church has.  Elder Lopes, a missionary from Cape Verde, and I totally DOMINATED.  Six games in a row, baby!  I give him the credit, as I think foosball may be the national sport of Cape Verde.  I have no information to base this claim off of, but I´m going to go with it.

I definitely ate a chicken heart this week.  Wait, scratch that.  I ate FOUR chicken hearts this week!  I guess it´s kind of a delicacy here in Brazil.  Why they eat chicken hearts, I do not know.  It´s cheaper to buy lunch meat down here than chicken hearts, haha.

Had a great experience this week where we were working in one of the poorer parts of our area.  An appointment had fallen through so we stopped to say a prayer and ask for direction on what we should do.  We felt prompted to continue a bit further into the neighborhood and walked until we hit a dead end.  There we met a family, introduced ourselves as servants of Jesus Christ, and were able to pick up a lot of investigators because of it!  You never know how the Lord is preparing his children to hear the Gospel.

We had Elder W. Rodriguez´s birthday party this week at a member´s home.  It was pretty awesome, mostly because I got to drink Guarana and eat cake with Kit Kat bars.

That´s about it for this week.  Keep the faith!

Your friend,
Elder Carter David Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment