Monday, August 18, 2014

One Year Mark!

Greetings from Hesperia, CA!  Fun fact about Hesperia: There's a place that gives missionaries free hair cuts.  My hair looks great now!
This week has been rather eventful!  First off, I hit the big one year mark this week!  Woohoo!  It was an awesome day!  Some of my good friends from my old ward in Chino came up and we went out to dinner at Steak n' Shake.  By the way, Steak n' Shake is AWESOME.  It's seriously rivaling Chick Fil-A as my favorite mission restaurant.  We had an awesome time together and it was great to see them again.

This week I also got the privilege to ordain a young man that we've been working with to the office of a Priest.  His dad isn't around very often and he asked me to do the ordination.  I was very flattered, particularly because that was the first time I've ever performed an ordination to a priesthood office.

This week we found, taught, and were dropped by a family.  We taught the mom in her garage for about forty minutes while we were out biking around, but when we went back the next night to teach the whole family the dad was there and he was super born-again.  He couldn't understand the idea of living prophets or additional scripture.  It was super frustrating to watch someone completely not comprehend the message of the Restoration, but we were grateful that Heavenly Father allowed us the chance to teach some of His children.

That's about it for this week.  This upcoming week is the last week in the transfer so we'll see what happens.  Our mission president is crazy when it comes to transfers so pretty much everything is on the table.

Your friend,
Elder Carter David Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment