Monday, June 9, 2014

Look Mom--No Hands!

It's another fantastic email from everyone's favorite visa-waiter!  This week was pretty good!  The first week of the new transfer is always interesting.  The whole zone's leadership got switched up so we're all trying to get used to the new way of doing things.  I had the opportunity to run my first district meeting this Tuesday and it went really well!  I prayed really hard about it beforehand and the Lord definitely guided me on what to teach about.  We had a great discussion on charity and love and it really got the whole district thinking.  I love my district and it's great to be able to work more closely with them.

To try to find more investigators we teamed up with some of the sister missionaries in the stake and we drew the plan of salvation in sidewalk chalk at the park and left contact information.  You never know what might happen!

As we were biking this week a man ran out of his house with his shirt off, stopped us in the street, and pointed to his son and told us to put him on a mission.  We told him that his son would have to be baptized before we could do that.  Long story short, we're teaching the family now.  We'll see how this goes.

We went to a dinner with a member family this week.  They're a young couple with a toddler, a baby, and a Siberian Husky puppy.  I almost passed out from the adorable-ness of it all.  Needless to say, we'll be trying to get them scheduled for dinner more often.

So, I was biking home from church the other day and decided to race with my companion.  It was neck and neck so I started speeding up really fast towards the end and had just passed him as we pull into our gravel driveway at about fifteen miles per hour.  I prepared to slow down to celebrate my victory by pulling my brakes.  It was at this point that I noticed that BOTH my front and back brakes had given out.  I screamed "I don't have brakes!" as I plowed straight into my companion and knocked him over into the grass.  He emerged from the accident with a bruised elbow.  I, on the other hand, skidded across the gravel driveway and tore up my hands really bad.  Fortunately, I was wearing a nice suit so the rest of my body didn't take much damage.  Unfortunately, I was wearing a nice suit so my suit doesn't look too nice anymore.  One of the ladies in the ward bandaged me up pretty well at dinner though, so I'm doing just fine.



That's about all I can think of right now.  Make sure to read the Book of Mormon!  It's a good book, I'm telling ya!  Also,l if you don't have a copy of it then I'm sure your friendly neighborhood missionaries would be happy to give you one!  Heck, invite them in as well so they can explain what it is and how we got it.  You won't regret it, I promise.

Your friend,
Elder Carter David Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Sister Morgan,

    My name is Ryan Abito and I have been the ward missionary with Elder Morgan for the duration of his time in Chino. My family and I have had the opportunity to spend many dinners with Elder Morgan, and, myself, many lessons with investigators with him. We got the sad news today that Elder Morgan was being transferred and I just wanted to reach out to you and thank you— thank you for raising up such a genuine and inspiring young missionary. He has changed and inspirited me— he has helped me in my calling and my spiritual growth. Please know that Elder Morgan is doing well in both health and spirits. Thank you again, and I hope all is well.

    Regards,
    Brother Ryan Abito
    ryanabito@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete