Thursday, March 20, 2014

This car is making me crazy

Holy cow, talk about a whirlwind of a week.  Transfers are always crazy, but somehow this week seems like it was even crazier than usual.  I'll try to give you all a run down.

First off, due to some DMV shenanigans, we've ended up with one of the other ward's car for a couple of weeks.  At first I thought this would be totally awesome!  A car!  For the first time in my mission!  But now I'm seeing the terrible and dark side of the car.  "Elders, can you give us a ride?" "Elders, my tire popped, we need your help."  "Elders, a grizzly bear ripped off my companion's left arm and is using it for a baseball bat, can you drive us to the hospital?" Things like that.  Also, you can't talk to anyone while you're driving.  I miss feeling like a total stud missionary, walking down the streets with a Book of Mormon in my hand, calling people brother, and preaching the restored gospel to everyone I came in contact with.  It's different in a car.  Brigham Young didn't have a car!  Wilford Woodruff didn't have a car!  Parley P. Pratt didn't have a car!  Why do I need a car?  I'll be glad when we get rid of that thing, haha.

We had an amazing opportunity this last Saturday!  Elder Neil L. Anderson, one of the twelve apostles, VISITED OUR MISSION AND SPOKE TO US!  It was awesome!  I got to shake his hand!  He was super cool and super funny!  I learned so much from him.  He talked to us a lot about the Atonement and about Jesus Christ.  He wanted us to put even MORE of an emphasis on Jesus Christ in everything we do because, as he said, "This pure and perfect belief in Jesus Christ WILL fade from our society."  Right now we're fortunate to live in a country where a majority of the people still respect Jesus Christ and honor him as the Savior of the world, but he wants us to prepare for a time when that won't be the case.

Speaking of Jesus Christ, I started the Book of Mormon over again and decided that this time I would bold with my pen every time him or the Father are mentioned.  Spoiler alert: They're mentioned a lot.  Like, fifteen times a page a lot.  It's been a great reminder that the purpose of the Book of Mormon is to testify of Jesus Christ.  It's been great to read through it again.

I wish as a missionary I could put on a resume when I get back all the jobs I did while I was out here.  Marriage and family counselor, therapist, life coach, spiritual adviser, moving crew, maid, gardener, organizational consultant, etc.  But, unfortunately, it's not really me doing any of those things  I just pray a lot and ask for the Lord to help me and he does!  As for now, I'm proud to have the title of "Missionary."

Thanks for all the support you give me.  Please keep me in your prayers.  The church is true, the book is blue, folks.

Your friend,
Elder Carter David Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment