Monday, February 10, 2014

Hoofing it--remember, Carter is sarcastic….

Greetings from Chino, CA!  I hear that Vancouver is all snowed in.  Crazy!  Stinks for you guys because it's 70 degrees down here!  Man, I love California.

This week has been pretty dang good.  We've been working hard and have seen a lot of success this week.  The Walnut Park area continues to lead our zone in numbers and we feel incredibly blessed for it.

This week I finally got fed up with my bike.  For some reason I've just been dreading getting on that thing and going out and working.  So I finally told Elder Wagstaff, "Screw it, we're walking from now on."  I figure if all the missionaries in Brazil can do it then why can't we?  So we've been on foot for the past couple of days.  It's nice, our area's one of the smallest in the mission.  Walking is a lot more relaxing and Elder Wagstaff and I have some good conversations while we're out and about.  As dumb as this might sound, there's something empowering about walking.  I feel like the first missionaries of the church, boldly setting out on foot to invite all to learn of the Restoration of Christ's church.  Nothing can stop me now!

I have fantastic news!  My first ever investigator and the woman who I taught my first ever lesson to, S. of Apple Valley, is getting baptized!  She had been investigating for a little over a year and she finally committed to a baptismal date of March 1st.  I'm so excited!  That also means that I will get to go to her baptism!  I will make my triumphant return to the land of my metaphorical birth, the desert paradise of Apple Valley.  "And we hear the desert singing, Elder Morgan, Elder Morgan, Elder Morgan!  Hills and vales and mountains ringing, Elder Morgan, Elder Morgan, Elder Morgan!"  I think I'll enter the baptism whilst being carried on a throne with "Prince Ali" from Aladdin playing in the background.  It'll be fantastic.

We found out that one of the investigators we've been working really hard with, C, may be moving to Los Angeles with her mom.  It's bittersweet because we know that things will be better for her there but it'll be the end of our teaching her.  She's still not certain but it's a possibility.  She still wants to meet with missionaries though so we'll be getting her new address and sending her information out to whoever covers her new area.  The silver lining is that we are now teaching her boyfriend, Francisco, and he seems to be taking well to our message.  It's awesome.

We had dinner with one of the less-active, part-member families of the ward again, the M's.  Bro. M is the only member of the family and we had a great conversation with them about the church.  We're now teaching his Catholic wife and his children and it's been going really well.  We had a lesson late Sunday evening and they asked really good questions and seem eager to learn.  I'm optimistic about their case.

The work continues to go well.  I continue to teach and testify, promise and prophesy, and do other such things that the Lord's anointed should be doing.  Thank you for all of your support and prayers.

Your friend,
Elder Carter David Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment