Sunday, January 5, 2014

Better late than never...

Greetings and happy holidays from Chino, CA!  My week's been thrown off because our P-Day was moved to Friday so I wasn't able to email this past Monday.  Rest-assured I am doing great and am loving it out here!  The holidays were absolutely fantastic!  It was great to be able to talk with my family over Skype and to spend the day remembering our savior, Jesus Christ.  What a great way to celebrate His birth!

Our P-Day was moved because today we had the opportunity to go to the temple.  What a wonderful blessing it is to worship our God in His holy house.  The Spirit that can be felt in the temple can't be felt anywhere else and it was great to commune with our Heavenly Father in such a sacred setting.  It was amazing to be able to receive some personal revelation on how the Work is to be conducted in this area of His vineyard.

Speaking of the work, it's going great!  It's been an interesting experience settling into a new area without any knowledge of what's been happening but I've finally settled into the swing of things.  The Lord has truly blessed us as we've worked this week.  I'll be honest, there were days when I didn't want to go out and proselyte but we pushed past it and the Lord has rewarded us handsomely for our determination.

We had set a goal for a certain amount of new investigators at the beginning of this week and I felt confident that we could achieve it.  I had felt the Spirit confirm to me that if we worked hard the Lord would lead us to the amount of investigators we had set a goal for.  At district meeting we were discussing with the other missionaries in my district what our district new investigator goal for the week should be.  While discussing I put forward that Elder Wagstaff and I would have X investigators by the end of the week.  The district felt it was a little ambitious and asked us if we were sure and tried to persuade us to drop it a little bit.  I felt confident that the goal was right and that Heavenly Father would help us meet it.  I am pleased to amount that after a full week of hard work we have found, through the Lord's blessing and guidance, DOUBLE the amount of new investigators then we had planned to.  How great is our God that he would answer our prayers!

This week has been a week of miracles.  We have seen the Lord's hand in this work in a very real way.   Our teaching pool has increased dramatically and we're finding ourselves busier than ever!  I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve here in Chino, CA.  

I wish I could write more and tell about some of the stories with these new investigators, but I can't at the moment.  Due to our temple trip I have limited time to email.  I'm so grateful to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I know this is God's work and I feel incredibly blessed that he has allowed me to be a part of it.

Your friend,
Elder Carter David Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment